The institute and the GIZ (Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) ( in Ghana have collaborated in many areas in governance and decentralisation and institutional support. The GIZ in 2018 supported the institute organisational development and assessment culminating in institutional restructuring to enhance productivity.
The GIZ under the SfDR has also supported the institute since 2018 do develop an eLearning platform to initially support 40 partner districts to deliver training in three basic elements as:
- Online Forum
This has been scaled up to factor in ILGS's graduate programmes using a Moodle System. The system:
- Provides learning designed to help educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
- On-line student enrollment
- Zoom connectivity
- On-line assessment of student submissions.
- Deploy and track online training initiatives.
- Built-in reporting and performance tracking
- Upload audio-visual materials which can be easily accessible for remote learners.
- LMS has built-in e-Learning authoring tools that allow one to develop online training materials without additional third-party software.