The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) in collaboration with the Ministry of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGRD) and the District Assemblies Common Fund (DACF) is organising a 4-Day Nationwide Training Programme on ‘Effective Functionality of the Public Relations and Complaints Committee (PRCCT) and the Next Generation Leadership’ for Assembly Members (AMs) of MMDAs. The residential programme is scheduled to take place in series of training events at the Institute’s Accra Campus, Ogbojo-Accra from 28th November to 22nd December, 2022.
Executive Strategic Leadership and Management Course for Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs), November - 14 2022, Accra.
The Institute of Local Government Studies in Collaboration with the Ministry of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development (MLGRD) and the Swizz State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) organized a One Week Certificate Course on Executive Strategic Leadership and Management for MMDCEs from Monday 14th November 2022.
The Executive Strategic Leadership and Management Course was designed for Chief Executives of Ghana’s LGs to master the art of leading and managing local governance and development. The course was designed from the functions and responsibilities assigned to District Chief Executives by Sections 20 and 21 of the LG Act of 2016 (Act 936). The focus of the course was to ensure that by completion, the MMDCEs will be equipped with the needed knowledge, innovative ideas, skills and positive attitude to perform their job responsibilities. The MMDCEs will return to the LG jurisdictions more confident, more capable and better equipped to lead the transformation of their LGs and provide the kind of direction that would compel the Assembly Members and professional service staff to follow them toward the achievement of the Assembly’s goals.
At the end of the course MMDCEs are expected to be able to develop the key leadership and management ingredients that are needed to accomplish their responsibilities as chief representatives of the central government at the local level; apply the principles of leadership and management at the local government level and identify and explain elements in strategic planning and management.
- An applicant is requested to complete the Application Form in BLOCK LETTERS with all the relevant information as
- Ensure copies of certificates/ results slips and any other relevant academic records are enclosed.
- Two (2) recent Passport sized Photographs, one of which should be affixed to the form. The other 2 should be endorsed by a Senior Public Officer above the rank of Assistant Director, Lawyer or a Medical
- Two stamped self-addressed express
- Mature Applicant (Mature candidates are applicants who are 25 years and above but do not have the minimum academic qualification for direct admission) should include in the Application Form copies of his/her Birth Certificate.
The application fee is non-refundable:
- Ghanaians: GH¢100.00
- West African / African Nationals: USD50.00
- Other foreign nationals: USD100.00
MODE OF PAYMENT: Pay-in Slip or banker’s Draft to be made payable to the Institute of Local Government Studies